Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 7 Gettysburg!

Since DC was so busy on Saturday and we knew it would be worse on Memorial Day with a parade, motorcycle rally's and other celebrations honoring the troops, we decided to get out of town.  Two hours from where we live is Philadelphia and Gettysburg.  I told Ryan to choose and he said Gettysburg.  When we got there we went to the visitors center and watched a movie about the battle at Gettysburg, saw the cyclone a big painting of the battle, and went through the museum. Owen was so good during the movie but half way through the museum he started screaming bloody murder.  I had to take him outside and get him to sleep so I could finish the museum. 

After that we followed the audio tour around town looking at the different war sites and memorials.   


Owen and Dad

ME!

There were Cannon all over the place!

The town now

Over looking one of the battle field sites

Another battlefield and monument

Pretty much the whole town was once a battlefield!
It was pretty hot outside and even though Owen was an angel inside (except during nap time) he didn't like it outside to hot!

2 comments:

  1. Kristin! I found you and your adorable blog! (well, I'm pretty sure I just clicked the link from FB, but whatever). How exciting! Now I can keep up with what you're up to. You guys look like you're doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna!!! I'm glad you found me I will follow your blog to.

    ReplyDelete