Monday, March 24, 2014

A snowy Mt. Rushmore


 We had seen Mt Rushmore in the summer time.  If you go there you will here when you come back it will look different depending on the weather and the time of day you go.  I wanted to see it covered in snow.  I thought about going in November or December but we were to busy with the Holidays, Ryan having to work, or it  was to cold  and I didn't want to go outside.  As I was thinking about what to do this weekend I checked the weather and it was going to be snowing.  I decided this was our last chance to see Mt Rushmore in the snow.  In the morning it was snowing and I was a little worried about the roads so we decided not to go.  Then at about 11 Ryan says we could go now if you wanted.  I said Owen needs lunch and a nap.  If you want his nap to be ruined we can go.  Neither of us wanted that.  We like our break.  So at 3 when he woke up I said its now or never so we got a few snacks and our coats and headed out to the car.  It had started snowing again but we decided to try.  The roads were clear we had no problem.  Only a handful of people braved the snow with us.  While we were there we saw a herd of deer and a mountain goat.  By the end Owen was screaming because his hands were freezing, we felt bad we didn't bring mittens or hand warmers.  Hes a trooper to put up with all mine and Ryan's craziness. 






Yes I"m wearing Ryans jacket because mine dosn't zip up anymore :(


The herd of sheep is behind the trees.  They were eating until they saw us then we had a stare down as Ryan took some pictures then Owen started talking and they ran away.




The Mt. Goat right on the path eating his dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment